“Escalators get dirty, Tread-TEQ™ makes cleaning them easy”
Tread-TEQ is a lightweight, one-person operational system designed to clean an escalator or travelator in just a few minutes.
- Uses the escalator’s propulsion to generate the cleaning action
- No need to stop the escalator whilst cleaning
- No external power source required
- Easy to transport and store
- Pads can be rinsed, cleaned and reused
- Cleans any brand, size or style of escalator
The Tread-TEQ tool system includes a Quick Release Telescoping Handle, Head Unit and Saturation Tub which is available in three widths (for 60cm, 80cm and 100cm wide escalators). The Tread-TEQ Cleaning Pads also come in the same three widths and are available in two different tread patterns: V-pattern and W-pattern to suit the different escalator brands and manufacturers.
- Maintenance - with this low cost escalator cleaning solution, you can schedule your escalators to be cleaned more frequently (daily or weekly) providing for a safer and cleaner environment. A regular cleaning procedure helps to remove any potential hazards resulting from spilled liquid and keeps your escalator operating safely.
- Restoration - restore your dirty or neglected escalators back to near new condition.
- Block all passenger traffic at both ends of the escalator before you start cleaning.
- Pre-spray heavily soiled escalator surfaces and allow to settle for 5-10 minutes before cleaning.
- Fill saturation tub with the specified amount of diluted cleaning solution (10:1 dilution ratio with clean water).
- Attach the telescoping handle to the head unit and mount the cleaning pad to the head unit.
- Place the head unit with cleaning pad into the tub and press down firmly in a repeated pumping action until the pad is saturated.
- Centre the device with the oncoming escalator treads, place the pad on escalator and apply moderate downward pressure to aid in the cleaning cycle.
- The device should stay in an upright position with the pad flat down to the escalator tread (ie. not tilted forward or backward).
- Keep in place for 3 to 5 full escalator rotations.
- Repeat the process until satisfactory results are achieved.
- Make sure the escalator is completely dry before allowing passengers back on.